General Requests

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING.

This is the official FoxyCart FEATURE REQUEST system. We take our user feedback very seriously, as our goal is to provide the most flexible and powerful ecommerce platform available. We can’t do this without you.

There are three different request lists.

• GENERAL Requests
  • PAYMENT Gateways
  • SHIPPING Carriers

PLEASE make sure you review the existing requests before submitting a new one, as this will help us avoid duplicates.

Please note that that this is NOT for:

• SUPPORT, please use our forum
  • BUG REPORTS, please use the bug reporting form or our forum
  • ANYTHING other than feature requests ;)

What would you like to vote for?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Super Ship

Advanced shipping functionality, including: Multiple flat rate; Flat rate + live rates; Allow/Disallow specific countries, states/provinces/postal codes; specific shipping methods per products (for oversized, freight, etc.); package dimensions;

980 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      65 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: We currently have the foundation of the new shipping system built, as well as a very cool UI for it, which allows custom rule building. We are continuing to work on this, and will update as we have details. (We can’t get more specific on a release date, but we’re working hard. Trust us: Shipping is a large support burden for us, and we know it’s can be a significant issue for you. We’re excited about this new system though.)

In the meantime, there’s a LOT you can do currently: http://wiki.foxycart.com/snippets/start
      If you need help with any of those shipping customizations just let us know in the forum.

• Place to Notate Order

On the transaction page, it would be extremely helpful to have a place to write notes for the order to remind you of conversations you've had with certain customers. For example, I am the only employee in my business and I talk with customers everyday. Sometimes a customer will want to back order a product, sometimes they tell me information that I need to remember a month from now. Currently, I have Post-it Notes all over my desk. It would be nice to have all customer notes organized right there in the transaction section...oh, oh--and maybe even reminder notifications that…

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        I agree to the terms of service
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        You have left! (?) (thinking…)
        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In FoxyCart v0.7.2 we added “attributes”, which are name/value pairs that can be attached to customers, transactions, or subscriptions. This isn’t the full solution that you’re describing, as it’s available only via the API at this point, but it is a step in that direction.

As we continue to make improvements to the admin we will likely take steps to further improve this functionality.

• Don't see your idea?

General Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base