What would you like to vote for?

Customer Portal to view Transactions, Subscriptions, and to Update Billing Info

Even though FoxyCart is built to integrate, it would be useful to have a basic customer portal that displays past transactions (possibly with the ability to place re-orders or re-load a past transaction into their cart), active subscriptions (with links to transfer, update billing, or cancel), and a display of their current account information.

226 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Adminfoxycart_brett (Admin, FoxyCart) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We get this request a lot from our customers, and it seems pretty standard for many other online retailers.

• Kyle Bisch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature that FoxyCart really needs! Nothing too complicated, but the ability for a customer to view previous orders and either add back to the cart or click through to the product url.
        I tried looking at the FoxyPress integration that claims to have this, but I can't find any real documentation about setting this up with FoxyPress. FoxyShop doesn't seem to support this.

Any progress on this? In version 2.0?

Any other integrations that might support this?
        Is the only other option something with the API? (the API is beyond my skill set, but would it be technically possible to use the API to check email/password, and if correct list all orders for that customer ID? Or am I mis-understanding what the API can do?)

• Ian Wild commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you do this, could you ensure the architecture is API driven - Ie, I'd want to do all the functionality required here, but build it into our existing users website rather than have a special portal.

• Sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think most would consider this a standard cart feature now. It now seems a little dated for this not to be included.

• Rob Shearer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will add my voice to this request.
        It is our top desired feature. We _could_ build this ourselves, but it is not a trivial task, and we'd be doing it primarily as a front-end for data which is already available inside foxy.

Please, please, add this feature.
        Our customers are quite used to being able to look up their order history.
        This is especially important in b2b marketing, where the customer email may a store/outlet/franchise/location email and shared by several managers. They need to see if an order for an item has already been placed by another manager.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Noticed that SSO & Social Media ("log in with facebook") is already possible, but no code snippets are published. Really would love to see any kind of option for logging in before ordering. It would reduce our workload significantly as customers would be able to check their order status without emailing us!

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pleeeease develop this! Improves customer retention and increases reorder rates.

I'm working with a foxycart user (in a systems & procedures capacity), and this is the first and most significant issue I have commented upon to them. I just found my way to this request forum and will add my emphasis to the need for this feature. My user is (and has been) at a relatively low transaction volume, but we are anticipating substantial growth and I can readily foresee our process breaking down without this kind of feature in place.
        All kinds of data need periodic updating: addresses and other contact info (including preferred email addresses), credit card expirations, credit card accounts, etc. As a consumer, I often update such information when it occurs instead of waiting until I want to execute a purchase transaction. Where I have recurring (subscription) transactions established, I will certainly want to update information and not wait for a transaction to "bounce." Again, we want and need this feature.

yes please, it needs to be easy for a customer to update their email address (and any of their contact details). Repeat order option (available via button in cart) would be ace too.

• Adminfoxycart_brett (Admin, FoxyCart) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, no update, but this is definitely still on our radar. It's also very possible to create this depending on your CMS, though it'd obviously require a little know-how. Some of our integrations also have this built in (if you're using Wordpress, for example).
        http://www.foxycart.com/features/integrations

Sorry we don't have it yet, but we've been doing a lot of foundational stuff lately to pave the way for a lot of new functionality in the coming versions.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No. 1 issue with using FoxyCart, no order history & ability to re-order, incl. variants of prev. product orders, eg. different product size. Any update on the 'Under Review'??

• heatherlynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the most requested feature from my customers. I would freaking leap for joy if I did not have to ignore their requests or try to hack'n'slash my way into something approximating this feature.

• Wendy Holland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Customers expect to be able to view past order history when they are asked to create an account. It would be a great plus for not only the consumer but the merchant as well.

• Elaine Ganas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there - yes, I believe it is necessary functionality to have a customer portal to allow them to view their own orders, therefore eliminating the need for them to call us for order statuses. The holidays are coming!!
        Thank you!

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a huge help. I've got to build this feature for a project I'm currently working on, so it would have been a huge benefit to have it already integrated into FoxyCart.

• Mark Mitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be an awesome feature. We have clients who ask for this a lot. If you build it they will come!

Thanks Guys!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base