What would you like to vote for?

Admin User Permissions, Fine Grained Access Control

Ability to give clients separate login and permissions to certain areas of FC admin. In our case this means giving our clients access to manage products and reports while keeping them out of other details of store setup. This would go nicely with a white-labeled admin.

119 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    joshkerseyjoshkersey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LucyLucy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was surprised to see how long this has been in the works. What is the status? Is there an eta yet?I could use this feature right now. Need to to give my client access to reports and transactions, but nothing else...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A must have for me - I don't want my admin staff having access to the low level code.

• Ken LyleKen Lyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like a big deal. Certain users, you don't want messing with things like your payment gateway settings.

Would be very useful to give a client access to the reports without access to the admin settings.

for a given site, client would need super-user for their store and any additional user(s) the S.U. should be able to toggle allow/deny for each: ACCOUNT, STORE, PRODUCT, TEMPLATES, REPORTS
        Thanks, really like the rest of FC

I agree this is desperately needed, otherwise clients can access areas they shouldn't and potentially break the store.

• Eric SalernoEric Salerno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As I get ready to add my client as a Billing User, I'm surprised that I can't limit his access to just the things he needs to see (billing and transaction reports). Anything else, I really don't want a client mucking around in. People that use FoxyCart for clients are hired because the clients shouldn't be around (or don't want to be around) the tech stuff in the first place.

Potential Inspiration: FormStack provides a great feature to control viewing of form-submitted data. Public, Private URL, and Invite Only, I think. Might be worth a look. This might also become possible with a Zapier integration.

yes, please add this functionality. It is desperately needed and is a serious consideration as I evaluate foxycart vs other solutions.

• g_thorg_thor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with joshkersey. We need to separate the super admin and others who can add to or delete from the catalog, but shouldn't have access to the account details or other changes in the system.

Thanks for keeping this in your sights.

• notacouchnotacouch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to have our sales people looking at foxycart instead of me having to re-invent the wheel (developers to the rescue?) to keep them out of technical areas.

Keep up the good work. =)

• Juha LindforsJuha Lindfors commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Access control is important, so hope this gets picked up.

Read-only report access to accountant + sales so I don't need to pull reports for them (let them self-service), template modification access to designers (ok, I can keep templates on an external URL and handle it that way, so this is more of a nice-to-have).

Still getting familiar with what foxycart does or doesn't do, so any of the above may already be possible, voting this up anyway due to it just being very useful in general and makes me feel more comfortable with the product when I see proper access control to administrative functions.

• mwahahamwahaha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Accidental clicks do happen. Seems like a good idea to have an option to keep the fulfillment people from monkeying with the critical global settings.

• aNobleaNoble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see this functionality. Right now our IT department is having to manage product downloads because we can't keep our users out of the critical technical areas.

Feedback and Knowledge Base