What would you like to vote for?

Tax-Inclusive Prices & Tax Rates

Ability to set a tax-inclusive rate, so a product with price=50 and an inclusive tax of 10% would actually display a tax line item of $5 on the cart/receipt. When voting, please provide feedback (including the country you need it for) on this request if you do vote for it.

There's a workaround here: http://bit.ly/ce00cA

For the forum discussion relating to this item, please comment here:
http://forum.foxycart.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=1090

266 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Adminfoxycart_brett (Admin, FoxyCart) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Adminfoxycart_brett (Admin, FoxyCart) responded  · 

We do plan on improving our systems to handle this. Unfortunately, we don’t have a timeframe, but it is high up on the request list.

UPDATE 2014-12-10: We are aware of the changes to the EU VAT coming in 2015, and this feature is definitely planned. Thanks everybody for chiming in.

UPDATE 2014-01-26: A user has made a working customization using Twig to change the cart display to get a VAT style cart and checkout working. Email us if you’d like that.

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TimC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still need tax-inclusive pricing
        UK store with international customers
        Many customers just want to know their total price early in the process, so this is still a priority

• g_thor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd be happy with tax-inclusive or with required entry of the ZIP/Postal Code.

• phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the workaround links are broken - also just wondering how it's going and if the workarounds are any better than what I'm having to do already? We have an on the fly php VAT script but with lots of products / foxycart forms on list pages, it's probably not very efficient.

• Olaf Karsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Links above are broken: use these ones

https://forum.foxycart.com/discussion/3035
        https://forum.foxycart.com/discussion/1090

Anyway, seems that issue sleeps for years here. Without this, its not possible to do serious business in europe. If you can't display tax includes prices to your costumers, you can't do a legally valid shop in most european countries.

Quote: "At FoxyCart, we know that the USA isn't the center of the world ..." - but if you have another tax model ...

• w commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needed for Germany. Any idea when VAT-handling is available? Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needed for B2C in many VAT-countries that require merchants to disguise the tax portion of the bill. ;-)

• Ben Horan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - Australia has GST (10%), and there are obligations about showing the GST comoponent in the invoice, and also making it clear on the product pages/cart that the prices are INC/EX GST.

There are actually a few situations where certain items to certain customers are not billed with GST, but I think if you build a system that was sophisticated to handle Canada and EU, our fairly simple tax system down here would work out of the box.

• Prashant Vaibhav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a big issue for those of us in Europe trying to adopt FoxyCart. It seems like a simple thing to fix, but has been pending for 4 years. Is there an ETA? If nothing else, at least the Cart should show the taxes which will be included in the total amount during checkout.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Retailers in the UK must display the inclusive of VAT price and then show the breakdown of net, VAT and Gross on the paid invoice/receipt.
        It looks like this feature would help everyone developing a store outside of the USA!

• dmitry afanasiev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In European countries and in Asia, tax is already included in the price and prices must be shown already including the tax.

• Effigy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be awesome for Australian customers - and by that definition... me too.

• Gijs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do implement this. Need this for Netherlands and Belgium.

Carolin says: Prices are generally always displayed with VAT included unless the business is targeting other businesses specifically. So this option would be of huge benefit!

I think this goes for the whole EU and many more ? Only the US adds the tax in the end ? I am currently investigating Foxycart. Strange it still offers only the US style option.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base