What would you like to vote for?

White Labeling / Reseller Pricing

White-labeled admin interface for your clients. (This is _not_ a self-hosted solution, but rather a white-labeled admin.)

169 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    foxycart_brettAdminfoxycart_brett (Admin, FoxyCart) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  foxycart_brettAdminfoxycart_brett (Admin, FoxyCart) responded  · 

2013-10-14: If you’ve voting on this or interested in it, could you please provide your use case in the comments? Specifically: What new functionality you’d want us to provide. How you’d like billing to be handled. The need that this would meet for you. And anything else you think would be helpful?

Thanks.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • foxycart_lukeAdminfoxycart_luke (Admin, FoxyCart) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the comment, Eric. Something we have to keep in mind is how companies rely on us for security and compliance. We are the ones who are certified, so we have concerns about people white labeling that as it relates to the payment system being used. Also, in the case of an issue where we have to contact impacted store owners, white labeling limits are ability to do that which, when it comes to payment security, isn't a good thing. "Blowing the white-labeler's cover" is a good way to word it. There are a lot of challenges all of which could negatively impact our brand, so we'd definitely have to be careful.

• Eric SalernoEric Salerno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thought I'd comment and vote on this since I'm a big fan of white labeling - small businesses make some extra revenue, the software developer lightens its support load and gets better feedback from experienced users, and the end user has someone they can speak to in person when they need help.

After seeing in some other posts about email that FoxyCart folks are quite familiar with CampaignMonitor already, I have some thoughts about their approach:
        1) When end users pay through the CM system, they see indicators about where the technology actually comes from, potentially blowing the white-labeler's cover. So if you're going to process end-user payments on behalf of your white label clients, please find ways to eliminate that.
        2) I think it's fair, and potentially safer to ask the white label user to pay for licenses that they in turn mark up and invoice their clients separately for.
        3) Your SSL process might require some attention for this, since it sounds like it's important that we go through FoxyCart for certificates. Need to make sure that it's transparent to the end-user.
        4) Having not implemented FoxyCart through a CMS, I am not sure how you'd handle plugins for WordPress users for example, who have clients that need to log into WP to manage their online store. I'm assuming the plugin would have FoxyCart info all over it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base