What would you like to vote for?

Gift Certs/Vouchers

Gift certificates/vouchers/cards. Allows customer to purchase and either use or give unique codes to shop.

754 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    barkerybarkery shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that this new work item has been on the FoxyCart list since about 2009. Is there any update on when this feature is going to be completed? On my old website which used Paypal, I was able to implement Gift Certificates. This really should be a function that is available on FoxyCart. Any update on when this will be completed?

• George MouchetGeorge Mouchet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What about a simplified voucher system where the store keeps track of credits, rather than Foxycart? The store would add it to the cart the same as any other item, but it would have a negative price. During checkout it would subtract after tax and shipping. If the credit amount exceeds the total sale, then it would be reduced to the amount of the total sale. The store would deduct the amount of credit used when it sees the credit line item in the feed. My thought is that perhaps a simplified solution could be implemented quickly. This vital request is going on 7 years old and is still a vital need.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The functionality to create the Gift Certificate is there - as a "coupon" for a specific amount. What we still need is "balance carry-over functionality" so that we don't have to create a new coupon code for the balance if the entire Gift Certificate amount isn't used on one transaction. Basically, we need "coupons" that hold a balance until it's at $0.00 (multiple uses but the balance decreases each time until it's "used up").

• IvysbIvysb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very useful for any ecommerce site... really, it's a requirement for ecommerce sites. HeadRoom would love to see it!

• RyanRyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We gotta have this solution. Develop a gift certificate/card program, a system that would allow a customer to purchase online and issue a unique code in the form of a virtual certificate and a code that could be printed and applied to a physical plastic card, like an iTunes gift card. As we move into the holiday season this functionality is critical for our business. Please make this happen.

• Michael SlaterMichael Slater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any idea when this will be available? It is a blocker for a couple of possible projects. Starting to look at non-Foxycart alternatives.

• fantafanta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also need dynamic vouchers/gift cards. 2 years and no progress??? For $19 a month this should be already built in!

• NeilNeil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this functionality? It would have been very helpful for my store over Christmas, and will help us to run deals on Groupon & Living Social. Love the Foxy Cart Product, but really need this functionality to help my store be successful.

• McGeeMcGee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this anything like what you guys would need?

=================================
        Coupon 1
        Code #1: ABC1 ($10 off)
        Code #2: ABC2 ($10 off)
        Code #3: ABC3 ($10 off)

When checking out, you can add both codes ABC1 & ABC2 to the cart, but when adding ABC3 you'd get "Sorry, this product only allows a maximum of two coupons.". This is, as you said, due to the fact that the number of coupon codes (from the same coupon), is limited to X number. I guess this could serve as "vouchers" maybe? I feel like it needs to be thought out more to avoid any loop holes though but this is the general idea.
        ================================

• Martin SandersMartin Sanders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is currently being requested by all my foxycart clients. It would be a big step forward to have this feature included.

• globalgunsglobalguns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to issue Gift Vouchers and have a way to keep the balances... This can be a big sales item, with low cost to the site owner.

• Bobby NorrisBobby Norris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need to be able to create 1 time gift certificates which take an amount off the end sale at checkout. Ideally, if the coupon is worth $300, and the sale total is $200, it would leaving $100 on the coupon to be used later. Maybe I'm dreaming..

• mcvanderwoerdmcvanderwoerd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

while you are here to vote for vouchers, please vote for Link / Form Encryption too, currently the cart is not completely secure yet.

Feedback and Knowledge Base