What would you like to vote for?

Ability to duplicate a FoxyCart store

At present there is no way to delete test data from a FoxyCart store. IT would be great to be able to do so or failing that have the option to create a duplicate of an existing store minus the customer data.

63 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Adminfoxycart_brett (Admin, FoxyCart) responded  · 

Update 2015.10.22: The hypermedia is now available, and though we don’t have anything official to share, this topic is something we discuss internally relatively often. We’re also discussing allowing git-based store creation/duplication/backup functionality, but again, nothing officially in the plans yet.

Update 2014.05.21: This is something that will be more of a possibility when our new API becomes publicly available, and it’s something we certainly see the value in.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew Summers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From a development standpoint, this is really something I could use. Since I can't have two separate stores (my dev and prod) open in one browser session, I wind up having to open an Incognito window, log into dev using that, and then do a lot of needlessly time-consuming copy/paste with my fingers crossed that I don't mess something up.

I would be 100% happy to have a hacky little script to do this via the APIs. It doesn't have to be a shiny button on the admin pages. It could be as simple as this:
        1. Edit the script and add the API keys of the source and destination stores.
        2. Run the script, and API magic happens to copy the changes.
        3. Profit.

If you're feeling fancy, provide a list of variables to allow certain settings/fields to be copied or not. These could be simple true/false Boolean variables. I wouldn't say that's necessary, but it would be icing for the cake.

• Ken Lyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Team! What's the status on this? It seems like we all agree, and the new API seems to be available...

• George Mouchet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to clone a store for testing purposes, with the ability to copy settings back to the production store.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to be able to duplicate a store, this would be very handy.

We have made a lot of text edits within the store and it is a slow process to update them one at a time.

We run multiple foxycart stores with the same product line but different suburb based domains, so duplication would be awesome.

With the option to include or exclude customer data

Feedback and Knowledge Base